When renting a villa or apartment from Camps Bay Apartments, guests often ask for ideas how to keep their kids busy. We can arrange tutors, baby sitters etc or here is a list of activities to do in Cape Town:
- There is a children’s playground behind The Bay Hotel in The Drive and next to the tidal pool in Camps Bay Village.
- The Little Glen off First Crescent and Blinkwater Road, Camps Bay, has is a lovely green belt with the Blinkwater Stream running through it in winter. It is a short stroll from 008 Bond Villa and the Lion’s View villa or Lion’s View penthouse.
- Paint ceramics at The Pottery in Camps Bay. Fridays children under 12 paint for half price.
- Chill with the penguins: Take a short drive to Boulders Beach to have a look at the penguins. www.simonstown.com
- See stars at the Planetarium: Sound and light are combined to reproduce the southern heavens on the domed ceiling of the Planetarium, alongside the South African Museum in the Gardens. Tel. 021 481 3900
- Explore the depths: The Two Oceans Aquarium has more than 3000 animals in 9 galleries for your viewing pleasure, including sharks, turtles, kelp forest etc. Tel: 021 418 3823 or www.aquarium.co.za
- Warrior Toy Museum: Simon’s Town is home to the toy museum which includes a huge display of dinky toys, dolls, boats, trains and other toys. Tel. 021 786 1395.
- The icing on the cake: Let the kids work off their energy at the Ice Station at Grand West Casino. The ice skating takes place in sessions, please phone for times. Tel. 021 505 7777
- Digging for diamonds: A trip to Simon’s Town’s Scratch Patch and Mineral World is never a disappointment. Children can sit for hours sifting through millions of polished gemstones that cover the floors. Tel. 021 786 2020. There is a smaller scale Scratch Patch (with indoor Putt-Putt) at the V&A Waterfront.
- Cape Town Science Centre: Great to keep young minds engaged with loads of cool experiments and exhibitions. 370B Main Road, Observatory, Tel: 021 300 3200 |firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butterfly World: Houses butterflies from over the world. R44, Klapmuts, 021 875 5628. www.butterflyworld.co.za/
- The Jolly Roger Pirate Boat in the V&A Waterfront offers morning and afternoon harbor cruises.
- Cave Golf (next to the Scratch Patch in the V&A Waterfront) The indoor 18-hole courste is an interesting putt-putt experience.
- Find out about Story Time on Saturdays at 11:00 at the The Book Lounge, 71 Roeland Street, Cape Town. Website. Tel: 021 462 2425
Activities for teenagers: https://www.campsbayapartments.com/activities-for-teenagers-in-cape-town/