What to do in Cape Town
Popular things to do while in Cape Town
- Shop for organic produce, baked goods (gluten-free / vegan etc), have a meal/drink/coffee at the Oranjezicht Market situated next to the V&A Waterfront. Opening times on the website.
- Climb Lion’s Head or Table Mountain. Wear sports shoes, take water, sunblock, stay on the path, go early and all that sensible stuff. Or take the cable car up Table Mountain. I also propose that visitors do this at the beginning of their stay, as the weather in Cape Town can be very unpredictable and you might not get the chance again.
Some of the routes to climb Table Mountain:
- A tour of the Cape Peninsula and Boulders Penguin Colony. Cape Point is situated 60 kilometers South East of Cape town. You can self drive or go in a group or private tour.
- If it’s windy, the Clifton beaches are usually sheltered from the wind.
- Discover the city, have lunch in one of the cool restaurants in Bree Street, walk through the Company Gardens or go and watch a movie at the iconic Labia Theatre.
- Wine tasting in Constantia, Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek.
- Stroll through the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, take a picnic or enjoy pickled fish and malva pudding at the Kirstenbosch Tea Room.
- Take a Township Tour.
- Visit Robben Island and have lunch in the V&A Waterfront. Go on a sunset boat cruise from the harbour or visit the Zeitz Mocaa Museum
- Go on an a City Sight Seeing Tour on the red bus. The Blue Route includes Constantia Wine Farms and Kirstenbosch Gardens.
If you are looking for things to do with teenagers. Click HERE
If you are looking for things to do with children. Click HERE