Life-style Shopping Service: Interiors, Fabrics and Craft Art
Visit CapeTown’s world-class Lifestyle shops, Fabric Retailers and Craft-Art Centres with local Interior Decorator, Lanie van Reenen.
Spend a day with her, off-the-tourist-track, visiting her favorite shops and outlets.
Often when travelling in a foreign country I wish there was someone, a local with a passion for beautiful things and knowledge of where to find them, to take me shopping. A companion for a day.
Professionally, Lanie wears two hats. She is an interior decorator with a career spanning 30 years. For most of those years she was also the owner of a small boutique hotel in Cape Town. So you could say, she is a professional shopper. She knows the life-style shops, the fabric houses, the manufacturers of bespoke furniture. She knows where the locals eat and where they meet for coffee.
Lanie: “When I am in beautiful world cities I would spend time visiting the museums, the parks, the theatres, the historical sites that have become synonymous with what that city is famous for. But when it comes to shopping, I suspect that as a tourist, I am mostly exposed to the high-end fashionable areas and shopping malls. I know that the locals are shopping and eating elsewhere, generally avoiding “touristy” areas. That’s when I wish I had a shopping companion – someone with local knowledge, with an eye for beautiful things, someone that could help me track a specific item on my shopping list“.
Contact: Lanie van Reenen
Tel: +27 82 927 5306
Kitchen stocking or grocery shopping service
We can arrange to stock your kitchen at a cost of 25% of the total shopping bill or R310 whichever is the greatest. Alcohol is not sold in any of the shops in Camps Bay. We will require a shopping list at least 5 days before the arrival. Payment: cash on arrival.
Feel free to add anything to the list below:
- Coffee (Instant, filter, espresso, Nespresso pods)
- Tea (Rooibos, Black tea, Herbal tea, Camomile, Peppermint tea, Earl Grey)
- Sugar (White, brown)
- Milk (Full cream, 2% low fat, skimmed milk)
- Bread (Brown, white, rye, seed loaf, ciabatta, french loaf)
- Bread rolls (Hot dog rolls, hamburger rolls, health rolls, seed rolls)
- Muffins (Blueberry, chocolate, bran, carrot)
- Yoghurt (Plain full cream / low fat, strawberry, fruit salad, apricot)
- Cereal (Corn flakes, muesli, coco pops, oats)
- Butter (Salted, unsalted)
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Washed salad
- Cheese (feta, Camembert, cheddar, gouda, brie, cottage cheese, cream cheese, stilton, mozzarella, gruvere, goats cheese)
- White wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin) Price Range: (R60 – R100, R100 – R150, R150+)
- Red wine (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Pinotage) Price Range: (R80 – R100, R100 – R150, R150+)
- Rose (R60 – R100, R100 – R150, R150+)
- Sparkling wine (R120 – R160, R160 – R200, R200+)
- Fruit (Bananas, oranges, lemons, apples, strawberry’s, pawpaw, pineapple)
- Nuts (Roasted, raw)
- Chocolate (Milk, dark)
- Fruit juice (Orange, apple, guava, fruit cocktail)
- Fizzy drinks (Dry lemon, tonic water, coke, coke light, lemonade, fanta)
- Water (sparkling, still)
- Gin, tequila, whiskey, brandy, liquer (Brand?)