- Stay in Cape Town for at least a week. Proposed Cape Town itinerary.
- Sleep in a hotel or Guest House in the winelands for a night if you haven’t visited Stellenbosch, Paarl or Franschhoek on a day trip. Go wine tasting and stroll around the quaint streets. Stellenbosch and Franshhoek offer some of the best restaurants for lunch e.g. Bread & Wine, Delaire, Pierneef, Mont Marie, Terroir, Reubens etc.
- Spend a night in Hermanus to do whale watching. Visit the Hemel en Aarde Valley and go wine tasting or walk in the Nature Reserve. Hermanus is a 1.5 hour drive from Cape Town.
- Drive to the Garden Route and visit Wilderness, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay and Nature’s Valley.
- Visit the Addo Elephant Park near Port Elizabeth for game viewing or fly to Johannesberg, Skukuza or Nelspruit and visit the Kruger National Park or Sabi Sands.
If you have more time:
- While in Cape Town, drive to the West Coast and spend the evening in Langebaan or Paternoster. Visit the West Coast National Park.
- Fly to Durban in Kwa Zulu Natal. Visit the game parks, the Midlands, Drakensberg and Golden Gate.