Lock-down / Covid-19 / Quarantine in South Africa
The lock-down rules in South Africa are very strict. We are not permitted to jog, go for a leisurely stroll or take your dog for a walk. One person per family is only allowed to go to the pharmacy or supermarket. That is the rule but couples and families seem to go together, as the weather is great at the moment and it is a chance to walk. South African’s are also not permitted to buy non-essential items like alcohol, cigarettes etc. No online shopping except again if it is food or food.
If you are unable to fly home, or if you prefer to sit it out in Camps Bay or if you are a Digital Nomad and can work anywhere – we have a couple of apartments and homes available for you from 1 May 2020 when the lock-down ends. Drop us an e-mail at email@example.com for further info and discounted rates. All our properties have been thoroughly sanitized and you are totally private with your own kitchen, living area, laundry facilities, high speed wifi, outdoor space, a view of the mountain and or ocean etc.
For more info on the Covid-19 stats and info in South Africa, visit the official government website: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/
Herewith the terms and conditions for Camps Bay Apartments regarding Covid-19: https://www.campsbayapartments.com/terms-conditions-coronavirus/
Reasons to feel good in Cape Town:
- The weather is great. The sun is shining and there is nearly no wind.
- We have electricity 24 hours a day.
- We have water – at the moment the dams are 56% full and the rainy season is ahead of us.
- There is a strong sense of community spirit, everyone helping out where they can.
- At 20:00 in the evening, residents stand on their balconies and cheer and clap for the essential workers.
Stay at home, stay healthy and stay safe!