I was interested to make this recipe as it is in line with my theme of cooking and baking with stock-pile ingredients. I am not bothered with gluten or sugar-free, but the fact that beans were used in a brownie recipe intrigued me.
It is obviously not the best chocolate brownies I have ever tasted, but it is quite tasty.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped up dairy free chocolate from Gayleen’s Decadence made from raw honey
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained or adzuki beans
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup of chopped nuts
- 1 cup of finely chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 by 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spray parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour onto parchment paper in baking dish and smooth out batter to edges of dish.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out perfectly clean.
- Mine were perfect at 35 minutes.
- Cool on wire wrack for 10 minutes then remove by holding edges of parchment paper and lifting out.
- Transfer onto a wire rack to cool before slicing on a cutting board.