Wine tasting with Goblets & Gourmets at Hartenberg Wine Estate
On Tuesday evening, Cobie and Bjorn invited us to Goblets & Gourmets at Hartenberg Wine Estate www.hartenbergestate.com in Stellenbosch. Goblets & Gourmets is part of a wine club that meets once a month for a wine tasting and a three course meal.
We received a glass of Riesling 2011 on arrival. I am not a big Riesling fan but this was the best Riesling I have ever tasted. Tammy, the assistant winemaker took us on a tour of the cellar and then conducted the wine tasting. We tasted:
- Chardonnay 2010.
- Eleonor Chardonnay 2011, named after the matriarch of the Finlayson family (the previous owners). Occasional Riesling 2012, it will go really well with a Thai Green Curry. Not as good as the Riesling 2011.
- The Mackenzie Bordeaux Blend 2008, consists of their Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc.
- Shiraz 2009, which made Hartenberg famous.
- Riesling Noble Late Harvest 2010.
After scoring the wines we sat down for a meal in the restaurant by the roaring fire.
We had homemade bread and snoek pate for a starter. Beef Bourguignon, mash potatoes and baby carrots for main course. For dessert a delicious Creme Brulee.
I can highly recommend joining one of these wine clubs. Except for the Goblets & Gourmets, they offer Wine Explorers, Boland Wine Club and Gastronauts – which I believe is fully booked within a couple of hours after the annual invitation.
For more information visit: www.wineclubssa.co.za
- Bookworm Weekend
- Friday Camps Bay Villa of the week
- Friday Villa of the Week
- House for sale
- Houses for sale
- Monday Holiday Movies
- Monday Movies
- South Africa
- Special deal
- Thursday Photogenic Camps Bay
- Top Camps Bay Tips
- Top Cape Town Tips
- Tuesday Holiday Tunes
- Tuesday Tunes
- Wednesday What's Happening in and around Cape Town
- Wednesday What's happening this Week?
- What's Happening in Cape Town