My favourite French Toast Recipe for “French Toast Day”
Today is French Toast Day and here is my favourite French Toast Recipe:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk (a splash)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- A dash of vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 slices of stale croissants
- 1 pint fresh berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
- 1 cup regular or low fat Greek yogurt, plain or vanilla flavor
- Maple syrup or honey for drizzling
Preheat oven to 375F.
Spray the inside of each cup of a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla
Cut slits in each slice of bread, this will make it easier to put the slices in the muffin cups without tearing.
Dip each each slice in the egg mixture, then lightly press them into the cups of the muffin tin, overlapping the pieces where you cut the slits to make them fit into the cup without tearing.
Bake the French toast cups for 12-14 minutes, until they’re light golden brown.
Allow the cups to cool slightly in the muffin tin before removing them. To serve, arrange the cups on a platter and fill each one with fresh berries and strawberries and top with yogurt. Drizzle with maple syrup or honey if desired.
- Bookworm Weekend
- Friday Camps Bay Villa of the week
- Friday Villa of the Week
- House for sale
- Houses for sale
- Monday Holiday Movies
- Monday Movies
- South Africa
- Special deal
- Thursday Photogenic Camps Bay
- Top Camps Bay Tips
- Top Cape Town Tips
- Tuesday Holiday Tunes
- Tuesday Tunes
- Wednesday What's Happening in and around Cape Town
- Wednesday What's happening this Week?
- What's Happening in Cape Town