Key Lime / Lemon Pie
We have so many lemons at the moment that I am always looking for recipes to use up the lemons. I have never had key lime pie before. I decided to bake the pie substituting the limes with lemons.
Here is my recipe:
- 300g Tennis biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 x tin of condensed milk
- 3 medium egg yolks
- finely grated zest and juice of 4 lemons
- 300ml cream
- 1 table spoon of icing sugar
- extra lemon zest, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 160C. Crumb the biscuits in a food processor, I put it in a bag and I hit it with a wine bottle – I think the food processor is more civilised, but more washing up to do. Mix with the melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a loose-based tart tin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put the egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk for a minute with an electric beater. Add the condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes then add the zest and juice of the lime and whisk again for 3 minutes. Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool then chill for at least 3 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, carefully remove the pie from the tin and put on a serving plate. To decorate, softly whip together the cream and icing sugar. Dollop or pipe the cream onto the top of the pie and finish with extra lemon zest.
- Bookworm Weekend
- Friday Camps Bay Villa of the week
- Friday Villa of the Week
- Holiday Reading
- House for sale
- Houses for sale
- Monday Holiday Movies
- Monday Movies
- Restaurant Review
- South Africa
- Special deal
- Thursday Photogenic Camps Bay
- Top Camps Bay Tips
- Top Cape Town Tips
- Tuesday Holiday Tunes
- Tuesday Tunes
- Wednesday What's Happening in and around Cape Town
- Wednesday What's happening this Week?
- What's Happening in Cape Town